As a client, you'll have the ability to verify your identity. We encourage all of our users to verify their identities in order to provide a safe working environment for both clients and freelancers. Click here to learn more about why we recommend all of our users verify their identities.
Verifying Your Identity
We've partnered with SumSub to help us verify the identities of our users. Note that any data you submit as part of this process is protected. Click here to learn more about SumSub's Data Protection Policy.
Follow the steps below to verify your identity:
- Click your name in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click "Settings."
- Under "Account Details" click "Complete Verification."
- On the following screen, click "Next" to begin the verification process.
- Click the boxes to agree to SumSub's Terms and Conditions and to agree to let SumSub process your persona data. Then click "Next" to begin.
- Select your location.
- Indicate which type of photo ID you'll be uploading. You'll have a few different options depending on where you're located.
- Take a picture of the front and back of your ID. Make sure that all corners of the document are visible in the photo.
- Click on the corresponding buttons to upload your images.
- Once your images have been uploaded, click "Confirm and Proceed."
- Next, you'll need to submit a photo of yourself. Click "I'm Ready" to begin. Follow the instructions and frame your face in the small oval, then the large oval.
- Once your photo has been submitted, click "Next."
- Review the images you have submitted. Click "Edit" if you would like to upload new photos. Once you're satisfied click "Next" to continue.
- After you submit your images we'll review them. This process usually takes 1-3 minutes. Once it's complete the status of your account will be changed and you'll be notified whether your identity verification was successful. If your images are approved your identity will be verified and you can click "Finish" to complete the process. If there's an issue with your images you can try resubmitting new photos or contact customer support for further assistance.